In the state of Tamil Nadu, a series of land records called as Patta Chitta are used to signify ownership of land or property. Land records play an important role in property-related transactions such as transfer of ownership, property mortgage, etc. In the guide we'll get to know how to check land records in Tamilnadu online, documents required to apply for Patta Chitta, precdure to transfer of Patta and change name in Patta, & steps to view Patta Chitta status.
Let's start with the quick summary of Patta and Chitta followed by how to apply Patta Chitta online, how to view land records (verify Patta), & status of land records (Patta-Chitta).
What is Patta?
Patta, also known as Record of Right (RoR) is a legal document issued by the government of Tamil Nadu in the name of the actual owner of the property. The document specifies details such as Patta number, District, taluk and village details, Property ownership (Name of the Owner), Survey number and subdivision, Type of land (Wet/Dry), Total area of land, and Property tax details.
What is Chitta?
Chitta is a land revenue record specifying land area, property owner name, type of land, etc. The Village Administrative Officer (VAO) and the Office in the Taluk are responsible for the maintenance of the document.
What are the details you can find on your Patta Chitta document?
On your Patta Chitta, you get information about:
- Owners Name
- Survey number of the property
- Survey Number and the Sub-division
- Patta Quantity
- Name of the district, village and taluk of the owner
- Property dimensions
- Tax details of the property
- Type of Land (Dry or wetland)
- Chitta land ownership
Documents required to apply for Patta Chitta
- The following documents are necessary if you are to apply for Patta Chitta documents on Tamil Nadu.
- Land Records official website.
- Electricity Bill or Previous Property Tax receipt for proof of ownership.
- Sale Deed photocopy should be submitted to the Tehsildar office for authentication.
How to apply for Patta Chitta Online in Tamil Nadu?
The process of applying for TN Patta Chitta in Tamil Nadu involves the following steps.
Step 1: Visit the official website (eservices.tn.gov.in). Click on the ‘Patta & FMB/Chitta/TSLR Extract’ option.
Step 2. On the redirected page, District and Area Type. Click on ‘Submit’.
Step 3. Now enter Taluk, Town, Ward, Block, Survey Number, and Subdivision Number. Enter authentication Value and click on Submit.
A certificate with the property information will be received from the Land Registrar and a printout of this can be taken. It will include all information on the locality, land nature, survey number and others.
How to do Patta Verification?
Step 1: Visit the official website (https://eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew/index.html). Click on “Know Your Application Status: Click Here” that is available on the left bottom side of the page.
Step 2: On the redirected page, Enter the Application ID and Enter Captcha Value. Click on “Get Status”
How to View Patta Online?
Step 1: Visit the official website (https://eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew/index.html). Click on “Verify Patta” that is available on the left bottom side of the page.
Step 2: On the redirected page, Enter the Application ID and Click on “Submit”
How to Transfer Patta?
In the case of property sales, the transition of Patta is made. The Patta migration process is close to the Patta land registry process. Upon the basis of the report by the department concerned, the application may be approved or rejected. The necessary documents for process of transferring TN Patta are:
Sale Deed (Photocopy)
- Water or electricity bill for ownership proof
- Encumbrance certificate
- An affidavit
- Previous Tax receipts
How to View Patta Chitta Online Status?
Follow the below mentioned steps to view the status of the Patta Chitta application online.
Visit https://edistricts.tn.gov.in/revenue_report/status.html. On the webpage, enter captcha value and application ID.
Click on the Get Status button. Your application status will be displayed on your screen.
How to Change Name in Patta?
There is no online process that is available at present. Follow the below mentioned steps to complete the name change process offline.
Go to the Taluk or Village Administration Office in your respective locality and take the Patta Transfer form.
Fill the required details in the form and submit the duly signed application in the office.
Along with the modifications, it will take between 15 and 30 days to issue the new Patta.
Download Patta Chitta App
You need to open the Google Play Store on your mobile phone first.
Now, in the search box, you must enter patta Chitta Tamilnadu.
You have to click on the search after that.
Before you start, a list of apps will be shown. In the list, choose the 1st option available and install it.
How do I check the status of Poramboke land in TN Patta Chitta?
1. Visit eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew to access Tamil Nadu's online site. Click ‘Verify Poramboke Land' on the home page.
2. You can choose the district, village, taluk, survey number, and subdivision number on the redirected page.
3. After you've entered all of the necessary information, click the submit button to finish the verification process.
How to verify Poramboke land online in TN Patta Chitta?
1. Visit the online portal of Tamil Nadu at eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew. On the home page, click on ‘Verify Poramboke Land’.
2. On the redirected page You can select the district, village, taluk, survey number, and subdivision number.
3. After entering all the important details, click on the submit button and complete the verification process.
Tamilnadu Patta Chitta Overview
|Portal Name||Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta Land Record|
|Launched By||Tamil Nadu State Government|
|Beneficiaries||People residing in Tamil Nadu|
|Objective||Facilitating access to information through digitization|
|Department Name||Revenue Department|
In 2015 'Patta' and 'Chitta' were merged into a single text named 'Pattachitta' by the government of Tamil Nadu.
List of districts in Tamil Nadu where Patta Chitta, adangal is available
In Tamil Nadu, land records are available for 27 of the 32 districts.
How do you revoke a Patta granted by the taluk office to somebody else?
Pay attention to all the original and registered documents and write by registered post to the tehsildar office. Visit the concerned office within the next 30 days. If this doesn't work, you'll have to go to the revenue office with all of the essential information and documentation.
Land Records: State-wise
|Meebhoomi Andhra Pradesh||Apna Khata Rajasthan||Delhi Land Records|
|Jamabandi Punjab||Himbhoomi Land Records||AnyROR Gujarat|
|Bhulekh Bihar||UP Bhulekh||Jharbhoomi Jharkhand|
|MP Bhulekh||Odisha Bhulekh||Jamabandi Haryana|
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is Patta Chitta?
Ans.Patta is a legal document issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu in the name of the actual proprietor of the property, also called Record of Right (RoR). Chitta is a land revenue record that includes information such as land area, property owner name, and type of land. The document's upkeep is the responsibility of the Village Administrative Officer (VAO) and the Taluk Office.
Q. How to download Patta Chitta?
Ans.To download, visit the official website (https://eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew/index.html). Click on Verify Patta which is available on the left bottom side of the page. On the redirected page, Enter the Application ID and Click on Submit. On the new page, you can view your document and download it.
Q. How to change name in Patta Chitta?
- There is currently no online process available. To complete the name change process offline, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Take the transfer form to your locality in Taluk or Village Administration Office.
- Fill in the form and submit an application that has been duly signed in the office.
- With the changes, the issuance of the new Patta takes 15 to 30 days.
Q. How to check Patta Chitta in Tamilnadu?
- By following these steps, you can check your PattaChitta status.
- Visit the official website and click on View Patta & FMB / Chitta / TSLR Extract' to view Patta & FMB.
- Tap Send and move to a new screen in the required details.
- Type 'Submit' into the details and check for records.
Q. How to apply Patta Chitta Online?
- Check out the official website (eservices.tn.gov.in). Click on TSLR Extract option 'Patta & FMB/Chitta/'.
- District and Area Type on the redirected page. Click Send.
- Now enter Taluk, Ward, Town, Block and Subdivision Number, Survey Number. Enter the Value for Authentication and click Submit.
- The land registrar shall receive a certificate with the property information and printed it. It will include all the locality, type of land, survey number, and
- other information.
Q. How to get Patta Chitta Adangal?
- Choos language.
- Select district.
- Complete property information i.e. Village, Taluk, Block, Ward etc. Fill out the sub-division number as well as the Survey number.
- Patta Chitta must be collected from the Land Register for Town Survey below. You need to obtain a certificate that is issued online when you complete the property details. It will be issued by the Town Survey Land Register. It contains number of municipal doors, the type of building, land, location & other details.
Q. How to login Patta Chitta?
Ans.You need to log in to view the status of your Patta application status. Enter in your Application ID and the Captcha value to login and view the status of your application.
Q. What is the fee for applying Patta online?
Ans.Rs. 100/- will be charged for applying Patta online.
Q. How to view the validity of Patta Certificate?
Ans.On the official website (https://eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew/index.html), you can validate the patta document by entering the Reference Number.
Q. Is possessing a Patta important?
Ans.Definitely Yes. Patta is evidence that the land is lawfully owned by you. When the title of the property has problems, Patta can be given as evidence.
Add a comment
Thank you, for commenting !!
Your comment is under moderation...
Keep reading other posts